I’m not a red cup girl. But I do have a thing for their salted caramel hot chocolate. Unfortunately my wallet does not agree with my tastebuds. And there was one thing missing from their recipe. Alcohol.
So while detangling the lights Saturday afternoon, I was determined to come up with my own version to keep up toasty (and a bit toasted.) I am always a bit biased but I think it’s pretty darn delicious. Take a look below and see if you agree.
Want to make one? It’s simple. Promise!
- water or coconut milk
- hot chocolate mix (I prefer shavings and sugar or if I am lazy, Private Selection packets)
- Smirnoff Iced Cake and Caramel Vodka
- sea salt
- Place water or coconut milk in mug, to the halfway point (if you are using a standard size mug), warm to the point of boiling
- Add one shot of Smirnoff Caramel flavored vodka, stir
- Whisk in your choice of chocolate mix
- Add mini-marshmallows to just below lip of mug
- Microwave for about thirty seconds
- Drizzle marshmallows with a half shot of Iced Cake vodka and top with a pinch of sea salt