(Photo from ShanaMama)
Do you family road trips include any of the following:
- Visiting a snake farm in Texas?
- Checking out the “Love Motel for Insects” in New York?
- Viewing the Corn Palace in South Dakota?
No? Well you’re missing out on the many curiosities and unique scenery our country has to offer. And it’s not all about the man made stuff. Taking the scenic road means seeing natural wonders that will knock your socks off.
Toyota and the National Audubon Society are teaming up this summer to ask Americans to Exit the Highway and pledge to spend more time taking scenic roads. Highlighting nearly 100 nature destinations in more than 60 cities, the campaign is also rewarding nature seekers.
For every initial pledge and for every photo of a nature stop shared online at ExitTheHighway.com, participants are entered to win a Toyota Prius V! That’s what I am talking about.
The website also offers road trip itineraries inspiration for a day outdoors or an unexpected stop on your next road trip. You can map an itinerary to suit their travel plans or use them as inspiration for some family fun. Not near a highlighted city or region? You can suggest your own local nature spots to the Exit the Highway community by uploading a photo of your favorite nature location at ExitTheHighway.com.
To start your own adventure, take the pledge at ExitTheHighway.com, or Causes.com/Toyota. In addition to taking the pledge, the Exit the Highway website also allows you to:
- Earn bonus entries into the Toyota Prius v sweepstakes by sharing photos tagged with #exitthehighway via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts or manually uploading photos at ExitTheHighway.com.
- Explore nearly 100 nature destinations (70 of which are free to the public) along with a link to details and hours of operation.
- See itineraries that utilize Google Maps for point-to-point directions.
- Recommend favorite nature stops in your area to other nature seekers.
- Get personal recommendations from local leaders with a passion for caring for the environment.
Did I convince you? Will you be taking the road less taken this summer?
Disclosure: I am part of the Toyota Women Influence Network. I have not been compensated for this post. Opinions are my own.