This week I had planned to write a “Yay Fall!” post. Then came eighty degree weather and I didn’t spent my day shaking my fist at Mother Nature and laying on our couch sweating because I refuse to turn the air conditioning back on. But I believe in wishful thinking so…
Top Ten Things I Want To Do This Fall
1) Be the Cool Trick or Treat House: I am not out to lure the kids in with full size candy bars. Oh no, it’s the adults I am after. It may be a suburban myth but someone told me about a house in the neighborhood that hands out mulled wine to the moms and dads escorting their little candy hoarders around. I’ve never found it but this year I intend to be it. Now to get my husband on board and get him to brew a special beer for it.
2) Take A Weekend Trip: We had such a fun time on a our mini summer vacation with the girls that I want to repeat the experience with a Fall theme. If you have a suggestion on where we should go (within a four hour drive), hit me.
3) Take A Weekend Trip: But this time without the girls. Fall is our traditional time to travel. I am thinking city; I am thinking cold weather; I am thinking beer.
4) Fall In Love With A Pumpkin Drink: People get all excited about their pumpkin lattes. I am not feeling it. But what else is a mobile office for? I am totally up to the challenge of finding one I must drink.
5) Take Leaves Pictures: Last year we threw the girls in our newly created compost which was full of leaves. Serious cuteness overload. We won’t be doing that this year since it is now an actual compost bin but we will definitely be finding some other pile of leaves to shower over them.
6) Carve Pumpkins With The Girls: Somehow we have never done this. That will be rectified this year. And pictures will be taken.
7) Roast Pumpkin Seeds: Evidently this is easy. So why haven’t I done it before?
8 ) Reignite My Love Affair With My CrockPot: It uses little electricity, doesn’t drive up my gas bills, and fills my house with tantalizing aromas. We need to get reacquainted. I just need to find recipes that don’t involve saltines and cheese (shudder.)
9) Cider Doughnuts: Preferably while sitting on hay and drinking hot cider.
10) Getting Our Festival On: Oh fall festivals with your pumpkin treats, hayrides, and random crafty items, how I love you.
What’s on your must do list for Fall?