Blog conference season is in full swing. And even if you are a conference veteran (my trade show peeps, give me a holla), blog conferences are a whole different ballgame. And if you are a newbie, you are probably thinking what the hell did I get myself into.
I have a few posts that will help you (here, here, and here) but I also wanted to share a quick tip with you. So here’s what I carry to a blog conference…
1. The Bag: a shoulder bag is a must, a cross body is better for a mulitday conference. For Bloggy Boot Camp, I carried the above (a thrifted Louis Vuitton tote, $6 ya’all) tote. Because it is big enough to fit my Chromebook and when I am going to be in one place all day, I want it.
2. Laptop/tablet: great for knocking out quick ideas. I start at least ten draft posts during a conference. Also, a must for running HootSuite.
3. Phone: Not only to keep up in my real life but also to send out quick tweets on 4g because conference wifi is SLOW.
4. Backup charger: power strips are great friend makers but they tie you to one place so you need mobile backup too. I follow the ABC (Always Be Charging) rule, so if i have room I carry a powerstick and a small USB/Outlet plug.
5. Notebook and pen: Always. I take copious notes and then plug the info in. It helps it sink into your brain. And you have paper to write down your info and a pen to write notes on the back of business cards (not doing that? Start now!)
6. Personal: breath mints/spray, wallet, and lipstick.