One of my favorite pins is this Martha Stewart fresh tomato pasta recipe.
Just looking at it makes me think of summer! It’s one of my favorite dishes to make after visiting the farmer’s market. It comes together quickly and makes for a wonderful, easy summertime lunch. And I miss it during the winter. So I came up with a remake version that utilizes canned tomatoes (though fresh ones work too, just check out the notes.)
-one box spaghetti or fettuccine
-one can anchovies, diced
-36 oz diced tomatoes, drained
-2 tsp dried basil
-1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
I assume you know how to cook pasta yes? While it’s going, coat the bottom of a large saucepan with olive oil and heat on low. Add the diced anchovies (they add that pop of flavor missing from the absence of summer tomatoes) and let them cook until they are just starting to pop. Add the diced tomatoes and dried basil and cook five minutes. If you are using fresh diced tomatoes, you will need to cook them long enough for the reduce the water and seeds, usually another five minutes or so. Set pan aside.
Drain pasta, then add to pan, stirring slowly into sauce. Divide onto four plates and sprinkle each with one fourth of the cheese.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Berry Sipper Mocktail by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Starbucks Cup Gift Card Holder by Homemaking Hacks
- Ice Lanterns by Upstate Ramblings
- Lip Scrub by Nicole Bangerter
- The Best Homemade Vanilla Extract by How Was Your Day?
- The Best Crockpot Chili Recipe by Food Fun Family
- Vintage Cheddar and Gruyere Mac and Cheese with Polish Kielbasa by A Day in Motherhood
- Flourless Brownies with Craisins and Pistachios by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Tiger Nut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home and Garden Cafe
- Bang Bang Chicken by Jennifer Sikora
- Frozen Banana Yogurt Peanut Dog Treats by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal by Sincerely Mindy
- Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe by Gator Mommy
- Homemade Vanilla Orange Mint Sugar Scrub by Baby Loving Mama
- Valentine’s Day Strawberries by Sizzling Eats
- All Natural 2 Ingredient Lip Gloss by The Socialite’s Closet