So I am finally at 100 posts here on my personal blog. It’s been fun so far, having a space to write about whatever pops into my head. Way back when blogging was getting going, I would always see people write 100 things about themselves for their 100th post. Since I like to kick it old school, here’s my list…
1. I have twins. Just in case you missed that.
2. Since I left home at 18 I have lived in fifteen different homes in fifteen years.
3. My hair is naturally a reddish dark blond but I dye it dark brown.
4. I used to have black hair with green and blue streaks in it and I wore silver glitter in it everyday.
5. As you may have inferred, I was really into punk music.
6. Actually I used to be really into music and have seen 1000s of bands play.
7. Yet today I hardly ever listen to music.
8. Reading is my drug and I am super fast at it. I go through 2-3 books a week.
9. My girls both have special needs and it’s really, really hard. I sometimes don’t think I am up to the challenge.
10. On my right arm I have freckles in the shape of the Little Dipper.
11. In the past I have had my nose and ears pierced but currently I have no tattoos and no piercings.
12. When I was ten my younger sister drowned in our swimming pool. In print it looks shocking, but I hardly ever think about it.
13. Despite that, it completely changed my personality. I often wonder what kind of person I would be today if that hadn’t happened in my childhood.
14. I consider my husband to be my best friend.
15. In spite of tweeting incessantly, I am a very private person and I am sure even my closest friends would find something on this list that they didn’t know about me.
16. For the past ten years I have been suffering from a autoimmune disease that affects my vulva tissue. It the hardest thing I have ever gone through and I hate that it will probably never end.
17. Before I had kids I was very antisocial and shy.
18. I have a moderate hearing loss and worry that I come off as standoffish because I can’t hear what people are saying.
19. My sense of humor is super dry and sometimes people think I am being bitchy when I am really joking.
20. If I could do anything I would be a travel and food writer and then fill a small store with all my finds.
21. I thought my husband was going to be a one night stand.
22. One of my goals is to visit all fifty states and I am only nine states away.
23. If I could save one thing in a fire, my leopard print coat would be near the top of the list. But I hardly ever wear it because I am afraid of ruining it.
24. San Fransciso was my favorite place to live and I still miss it.
25. When I was a freshman in college I had a falling out with my best friend and it has made me leery of getting close to any one.
26. I hate to miss the previews when I go to the movies.
27. Even though I don’t read (much) science fiction, I have a science fiction/fantasy novel in my head that I hope to write some day.
28. I dated the same guy all through high school and thought I was going to marry him.
29. Even though I am now an atheist, I am still glad I was raised Catholic
30. Part of being raised Catholic means I went to Catholic schools for 14 years straight (K-freshman year of college.)
31. I have no use for most sports but love professional basketball. I root for the Mavericks.
32. One of my favorite things to do is play board games, especially word games like Scattegories and Bananagrams
33. My favorite cake is lemon with fresh strawberry icing.
34. If I had to chose between losing my hearing or my sight, I would chose my hearing.
35. I used to play the drums since it’s the only instrument you can time (I am tone deaf.)
36. The best job I ever had was working for Gap corporate. The work itself was boring but the benefits were amazing.
37. Taking baths is one of my guilty pleasures (I feel bad about wasting all that water.)
38. If I won the lottery I would love to move to Venice or Vancouver.
39. I fantasize about taking a retail job and flipping out on a rude customer and walking out.
40. I was a retail manager for four years.
41. My favorite stores that I never shop in are Anthropolgie and Design Within Reach.
42. My favorite store that I shop in is Ikea.
43. If I could be on one reality show it would be The Amazing Race.
44. Going to the movies is one of my favorite things to do. I will see almost anything and have no problem going alone.
45. I used to own a vintage Vespa and I still miss it. My husband offered to buy me a new one when we moved here but I turned him down. Why did I do that?!
46. I don’t drink coffee.
47. But I love tea.
48. I was a vegetarian for a year and I don’t know how I did it.
49. I eat my steaks rare.
50. My favorite treat is Cheryl & Co.
cookies. They are the most amazing cookies I have ever tasted.
51. My girls both have light eyes and it amazes me since mine are a super dark brown.
52. My shameful addiction is teenage literature. I love reading books aimed at teens.
53. Even though I am all sloppy now, I am totally addicted to fashion.
54. Jealously is my worst personality trait and it’s a constant battle for me to overcome it.
55. The holidays turn me into a total dork. I love everything having to do with it.
56. Someday I want to get a tummy tuck and boob lift done. This is everything I am not for, but I am vain and still want it done.
57. When I started working my first real job I considered buying a Birkin. It would have been $2400. But would be worth twice that now. Wish I had gotten one.
58. I have the mouth of a sailor and curse regularly. I have curbed it around the girls but it took them saying “fucking dammit” once or twice to make me get it done.
59. My first job was working on a construction site.
60. After I went to college at 18 I never lived at home again.
61. I love cats and really miss having one as a pet but my husband is allergic.
62. In third grade I was a frying pan for Halloween. My mother, god bless her, managed to make a costume for me after I came up with that idea.
63. After a period of irresponsibility with money in my twenties, I am a total tightwad. I like to call it frugal.
64. I am a bit green living obsessed; we don’t even use paper towels and are hoarding five and six plastics for trip to cities that recycle them.
65. Besides my c-section, I have never been in the hospital or had surgery.
66. I am so not a jewelry person and traded in my wedding set for a $14 band from Target.
67. Scarves are my signature item. I own thirty of them.
68. I am a very hard person to buy gifts for. I guess I am a bit picky.
69. If craft beer is available I would almost always rather drink that then wine.
70. I almost never drink liquor.
71. In retrospect, I was bullied pretty hard as a kid and I still resent the people who did it.
72. My first real online obsession was with the WeddingChannel message boards. I spent hours on those things and am still friends with some of the women I met on there.
73. In 2002 I gave up HFCS. Except for Coke. I had managed to give it up too until I get pregnant then I was back on it like a junkie.
74. Even though I don’t drink coffee my favorite ice cream flavor is coffee.
75. I have 15 aunts and uncles (not counting their spouses) and 26 first cousins.
76. My karaoke song is Biz Markie’s You Say he’s Just A Friend or No Doubt’s Don’t Speak.
77. I would never spend $400 on a hotel room but I would drop that on a meal.
78. Sometimes, in spite of it all, I want to have another kid.
79. One of my dream trips is to go to New York at Christmastime.
80. I used to design neckties for a living.
81. Weirdest job I ever had? Taking money at the door of an all nude strip joint in the Tenderloin. I only lasted a week.
82. My favorite book is The Secret History. And my favorite series is the Oz books.
83. I have a giant crush on Jason Lee of My Name is Earl fame.
84. I hate mayonnaise and will literally scrape it off sandwiches rather than eat it.
85. I loathe taking on the phone.
86. When I was little I wanted to be a blowfish.
87. My favorite food is sushi and I will happily eat it first thing in the morning.
88. In fact I will eat almost any food instead of breakfast food. Sometimes I have leftovers for breakfast.
89. My biggest grammatical pet peeve is “your” instead of “you’re”.
90. In high school I was a huge fan of Sassy magazines and still own every copy.
91. I don’t know my blood type.
92. I can’t roll my tongue. Did you know not being able to is actually recessive?
93. I have perfectly attached earlobes, which is also recessive.
94. Bedknobs and Broomsticks is my favorite Disney film.
95. I halfway believe in ghosts.
96. When I die I want to be cremated.
97. My earliest memory is being at a wedding when I was two. I didn’t know what it was for years until my uncle converted some old slides and I recognized the dress and presents from my memory.
98. I wish I was closer to my sister.
99. I have a hard time sticking with things.
100. My voice is much more high pitched than it sounds to me. I am always shocked when I hear recordings of myself.