So yea, I realize that 2013 arrived a few weeks back but while people were coming up with inspiring words of the year for themselves I was sitting on the sofa stuffing as much food and alcohol in my mouth before my new and improved new year day date of January 5th.
What can I say? I was born at 8:10pm. I have always liked to be fashionably late.
And then last week was spent crying into my pillow every night because my muscles hurt so much and I couldn’t drink any wine to soothe them. First world problems indeed. But I made it to the other side and here I am writing again on my own little piece of the internet. 2012 was a weird year for me online. I had some incredible highs (speaking at SWSWi and then again at BlogHer, being involved with the Toyota Women) but I finished the year feeling low and discouraged after seeing some not so awesome behavior from people while I was seeing such hard times for people in my life offline.
But as I considered this year and what I wanted from it, I realized that I still wanting blogging to be a part of it. Writing online is modern storytelling to me. And this year, the first year my girls are attending school full time promises to be full of stories.
Every year I make a number of resolutions for the year. What is different this year is that I am committed to following through on them. So here they are…
13 Goals for 2013
- Get rid of 2013 items
- Find makeup that makes up a routine and wear it
- Write a letter every week
- Exercise as a family
- Use Pinterest actively instead of just pinning things from it
- Get to 150 pounds and maintain it for the year
- Save $1000 towards going to Paris for my fortieth birthday
- Do a better job of documenting my children’s childhoods
- Reignite my love for blogging
- Makes SNT a workable resource
- Commit to vlogging once a week
- Find volunteer work for me to do personally and for us to do as a family
- Organize our digital photos