As a tea drinker, I sometimes feel left out of the red cup craze of the holidays. Gift sets for coffee drinkers abound while us poor tea drinkers are left clutching our tea bags and seeking the aisles for holiday blends. If you have a tea drinker in your life, indulge them with one of the Mighty Leaf tea gift sets. I was lucky enough to receive the Chai Tea Collection set to review.
Chai Tea Collection Gift Set description:
“Take a journey to a colorful and aromatic street market in Bombay with the Mighty Leaf Chai Tea Collection set. Become your own chai wallah (a chai tea maker in India). Steep Mighty Leaf Tea Bombay Chai in our insulated stainless steel mug with lid. Add steamed milk and sugar and and inhale the aromas of cinnamon, ginger, pepper, cardamom, clove and star anise.
The 12 oz mug is 18/8 stainless steel and double-wall insulated to keep tea hot or cold longer. Includes 15 pouches of Mighty Leaf Tea Bombay Chai, a lively whole leaf Indian black tea flavored with spices. Retails on mightyleaf.com for $24.95.”
I have spent many wonderful Fall mornings drinking chai on the go from my mug.
Especially since I have been using their brewing tips!
• Prepare your tea with filtered or bottled water. Avoid tap, distilled, or mineral water.
• Be sure not to over-boil the water as it makes flat tasting tea.
• For black tea and herbals, hot water is key! Please do not let the water sit and cool before adding the
• Immerse the tea pouch completely in the hot water and move it back and forth several times to maximize
water flow through the bag.
• Steep 4 to 5 minutes for black tea
• Store tea in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Click through for a great twist on eggnog and a chance to win a Bombay Chai gift set!
Steep Bombay Chai from Mighty Leaf Tea in hot water, chill it, and add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and eggnog. Mighty Leaf’s Chai Nog Latte recipe has just the right aroma to bring back Holiday memories.