When thinking holiday gifts, don’t discount food and drinks! Edible gifts are great because they are meant to be enjoyed immediately, often inexpensive, and take up no room (once consumed.) Plus if the recipient doesn’t love it, these gifts are easy to pass along. Here are ten of my favorites to give and get.
1. Godiva Hot Cocoa Gift Set ($20): For those you don’t know well or for the ones you know need a warm drink, this winter indulgence is the perfect gift. It contains twelve cocoa packets including three milk, three dark and three caramel. It’s a perfect balance of utility and luxury. I also love giving cocoa as a hostess gift. And the Godiva single packs tied with a chocolate spoon make a fab gift for crossing guards and bus drivers.
2. Nocciolata ($5.99): This smooth, creamy spread made with Antillean Islands dark chocolate and Italian hazelnuts is one of my favorite hostess gifts. The Bourbon vanilla extract sets it apart from more utilitarian spreads and it comes in a gorgeous jar. Add a ribbon and you’re done. Plus it’s USDA organic, gluten-free and kosher, without any GMO, palm oil, hydrogenated fat, artificial flavors or colors so it’s safe for the pickiest of eaters. Nocciolata is available nationwide at grocery store chains including Wholefoods, Fairway, Wegmans, Bristol Farms.
3. Spoonful of Comfort: Away from loved ones this holiday season? Send them the ultimate care package. These boxes are the next best thing to being there in person. They contain a giant jar of soup, delicious rolls, and a sweet treat. Get 15% off with the code SPICE through November 25th!
4. Chocolate Board Games ($10): These edible versions of classic board games will put a smile on anyone’s face. They would be the perfect small gift for a family. My crew had such a blast playing with the Guess Who and Candyland versions. Plus I know some teachers who would love these. What better way to fill up those days right before winter break. You can snatch one of these up at Target, CVS, or Bed Bath and Beyond. Or scroll down to win one!
5. Cheryl’s Cookies: These make my gift guide every year because they are just that delicious! I swear that their frosted sugar cookies are made by elves. Nothing real could make cookies this addictive. A gift tower is perfect to send to an office or to your child’s school. The goodies are individually packaged so people can snack at leisure. I am not saying my kid’s last A came because of these cookies but I am saying that it sure didn’t hurt!
6. Burgers Smokehouse: Sure you could go all or you could send a box full of goodies from this Missouri Smokehouse. We highly recommend the ribs. Because nothing says you’re special to me like a box full of ready to heat ribs! They also do excellent sausages and cheeses.
7. Sonoma Portworks Port: As part of the Petaluma Made tour I had the chance to visit this amazing port maker this past summer. They were the only place I bought a bottle. and I love wine. That should tell you something about the amazing quality of their port. don’t be that boring guest who brings a bottle of wine; bring a bottle of port! Just be sure to pack it well. Mine broke in transit on the way home and it was all I could do not to suck port from my clothes.
8. Craft Cocktail Box: If you know someone who has eaten and drank EVERYTHING, surprise them with a Craft Cocktail Box from Mantry. Each box contains the non-alcoholic ingredients and directions for fabulous craft cocktails. Perhaps they will thank you by whipping one up for you. To get a box in time for December giving, check out their Kickstarter.
9. Gourmet Chocolate Bars: Want to put a smile on someone’s face? Give them the ultimate choclate bar. I prefer to gift friends local chocolatier Patric Chocolate‘s PBJ OMG or Holy Mole bars but if you don’t want to order them Wild Ophelia bars are delicious too and available at Walgreens. If you’re feeling generous, attach a $5 Starbucks card for the perfect coffee break.
10. Billy Goat Chips: These incredibly addictive chips come in snack size bags that are perfect for gifting. Just pop a bow and a gift tag on and you have the perfect gift to say thank you and happy holidays. Or know a guy (or gal!) who loves chips? They sell sampler packs that will have them crunching happily into the New Year.