I used to be a scratchist. I made everything from scratch and sniffed at those who didn’t. After all, it barely takes more time to mix up some dough right? But then I started the breaking down of my barriers with the peanut butter dough for my Reese’s cup cookies at Christmastime. Then I started making Birthday Cake cookies with cake mix and next thing I knew I was throwing refrigerated cookie dough in the cart without a second thought.
The thing is, it’s just so versatile. Pinterest is full of cookie dough hacks that let you make treats from the ordinary to the crazy complicated. But my favorites involve next to no work. I was able to whip up these delicious Pumpkin Spice Candy Corn Cookies in 15 minutes with just sugar cookie dough and Brach’s Pumpkin Spice candy corn.
Don’t they scream Fall to you? You slice, bake, add the candy corn immediately upon removing (it’s okay if they melt into the dough a bit), and then let cool.
For more fun Pinterest Remakes, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Halloween Bloody Eyeballs by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Hand Soap by Homemaking Hacks
- Sausage, Potatoes & Eggs Breakfast Skillet Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs by Jennifer Sikora
- High Fiber Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites Recipe by Sweep Tight
- Chewy Cinnamon Raisin Granola Bars by Better in Bulk
- DIY Wooden Pumpkins by Mom Does it All
- Chocolate Toffee Macaroons by How Was Your Day?
- Browned Butter Sugar Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Applesauce Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Repurpose Project: Men’s Sweater into a Boy’s Sweater by Our Homemade Life