Around the month of March, everyone starts to feel a little lucky. Especially if they are wearing green. But what if you could bring luck year round with your personal style? Everyone from feng shui experts to astrologists have opinions on which looks can attract luck in your everyday life. I figure, it’s worth a try right?
Read on for the luckiest way to dress….
Beyond just your home, you can feng shui your wardrobe by wearing colors that represent this year’s elements. For the year of the Fire Monkey, fire colors like red, orange, yellow, purple, and magenta are supposed to put you in tune with the energy of 2016. Bright colors not your thing? You can also try the colors of the wood element (wood creates fire) which are more subdued green and brown. You will also want to avoid the dousing colors of water, blue and green. The Chinese New Year isn’t until Monday the 8th so you still have time to get your clothes in line with the Fire Monkey.
Amp up your luckiness by adding accessories with traditional lucky symbols:
-Horseshoes: originally thought to keep the devil away, now horseshoes are considered to be a holder of good luck, as long as you keep the u upside down
-Ladybugs: When a ladybug lands on you, it’s good luck. If you can, count the spots and that will tell you how many months your good luck will last.
-Shamrocks: The four leaf ones’ rarity gives them their luck, but I think they are fun to wear regardless.
Here are some lucky outfits to get you started!
If do you decide to buy some new clothes in the fire and wood element color ways, be sure to put some money in the pocket the first time you wear them. Irish tradition says this will bring you good luck. On my own wedding day, my flower girls put coins in my shoes to bring me good luck in marriage. And we are in lucky year 13!
For more St. Patrick’s Day posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make a Honey and Irish Buttermilk Bath by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- How to Choose a Claddagh Ring and What it Means by The Socialite’s Closet
- Sneaky Ways to Wear Green this St. Patrick’s Day by Day by Day in Our World
- Kitschy Cool Ways to Rock The Shamrock by How Was Your Day?
- Super Fun Green Makeup Finds by Style on Main
- DIY Rainbow Barrette by sweet lil you
- Fun Ways to Sneak in Some Green this St. Patrick’s Day by Flabby Fashionista
- DIY Celtic Knot Headband by The Eyes of a Boy