Today is the fifth day of the girls being in kindergarten and I am finally getting into a groove. I have been detoxing with a raw food diet, working on getting my new project up and going, and generally being a better homemaker/homeworker.
You know what is missing? Some fun!
Let’s face it, the first years of parenting are mainly drudgery. And while as the girls get older, I have been getting a bit more cheerful (the Paxil helped too), I still miss the zany, spontaneous me. So while I usually frown upon “life lists”, I do need some kind of list to keep me accountable to my goal of being more “me.”
So here is my “Bring Back the Fun Kate” List:
- Host a fondue party
- Do a family costume for Halloween one year
- Go to Paris for my 40th birthday
- Take the girls on an epic road trip from the Grand Canyon to Mount Rushmore
- Have a second honeymoon with my husband that involves nothing but laying around and being together
- Attend a drag bingo night
- Buy a scooter
- Take the girls to Australia and New Zealand
- Learn how to make my own sushi
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Write a novel
I am sure this list will continue to grow!
What would be on your list? If you have a similar list, please link to it in the comments. I would love to check it out!