It’s full on Spring weather here. And with it comes Spring smells and smears. Little kids can be filthy, filthy creatures. Though I try to do my part by keeping the house clean, I almost always end up falling behind. Way behind. Which I why I love these dryer sheets hacks.
We actually don’t use dryer sheets and I had ignored the #LifeHacks with them in the past because of our skin sensitivities. But now that all® free clear makes dryer sheets, I am all over them. The dryer sheets have the National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance™ (products with the NEA Seal of Acceptance™ are those that avoid certain chemicals, dyes, perfumes and residues that are known to be unsuitable for use by persons with eczema or a sensitive skin condition.) We’re #FreeToBe dryer sheet hackers!
Now on to the hacks!
1. Car Air Freshners: This is something I have been wanting to try for years. You can replace chemical laden air freshners with an all® free clear dryer sheet. Tuck in above the vents in the car cabin, easy peasy.
2. Shoe Defunkifer: Simply tuck an all® free clear dryer sheet into the offending shoes (or tie around flips flops) overnight. The smell should be gone in the morning.
3. Pan Degreaser: again a trick I hadn’t used before because i was nervous about my hands breaking out… but it worked! And the all® free clear dryer sheet kept my hands reaction free. Simply put the dryer sheet in the pan, add warm water, and soak overnight. I was able to rinse and clean with ease. #love
4. Deodorant Stain Remover: I try to do the fold and flip (where you fold half the shirt up and flip it down once on. But let’s face it, I am usually getting dressed while doing something else. So when the streaks happen, I just grab a sheet and wipe it right off.
5. Soap Descummer: Dryer sheets work like a dream at scrubbing off soap scum (and hard water stains too!)
6. Laundry Room Savior: dryer sheets are fabulous at cleaning the inside of the washer and dryer, the lint trap, and top of the dryer (mine is always linty.)
7. Litter Box Destinker: Place a dryer sheet under the litter box to combat the smell.
8. Bug Repeller: Consider these another line in your natural big defense. Stuff a dryer sheet in your pocket; the bugs dislike the smell of the sheet.
9. Gym Bag Refresher: Bless my husband’s recycling heart, but his dedication to reusing gym clothes is not my fave. I stuff a few dryer sheets in his bag to keep it smelling fresh. And there’s no worries if they get mixed in with the wash.
10. Pet Hair Cleaner: If you can’t find your lint brush, a dryer sheet works in its place. I actually think they work even better on couches.